Annual Giving Director
If you are passionate about transforming communities for migrants and refugees with a mission-driven organization, then we have the opportunity for you!
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS), is seeking an Annual Giving Manager who will support LIRS’s ongoing mission by designing, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive direct marketing strategy to acquire, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual donors through direct mail and online strategies.
Minimum of 2 days a week to work in the office with the flexibility to telework.
- Develop an annual multi-channel direct marketing plan through the establishment of goals, objectives, and action steps that will result in increased annual contributions to LIRS from a variety of individual donors.
- Serve as the lead contact for the direct mail and online fundraising programs, working closely with LIRS’s vendor(s) to develop, implement, and coordinate strategies for donor retention, new donor acquisition, donor upgrades, and monthly conversion.
- Develop the organization’s paid search and digital lead generation strategy in coordination with LIRS’s vendor(s).
- Manage a variety of other annual giving campaigns, including monthly giving, social media, workplace giving, staff giving, and donor advised funds.
- Design and test cultivation and stewardship vehicles designed to keep the organization’s contributors informed and engaged, including but not limited to new donor welcome series, offline and online newsletters, regional and other donor events, and advocacy and volunteer opportunities.
- Work closely with the Communications and Programs Teams to gather stories, images, and results to be utilized in direct marketing solicitation and cultivation pieces.
- Develop and manage a financial budget for the annual giving program;
- Manage LIRS’s annual Combined Federal Campaign.
- Research and stay up-to-date on annual giving and direct marketing best practices in order to identify opportunities for greater fundraising efficiency and results.
- Participate in agency-wide and departmental activities, including all-staff and team meetings as well as select working groups and task forces.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree required; graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in nonprofit fundraising with a focus on direct marketing and annual giving (direct mail, online, and social media).
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including active listening.
- Proven ability to assess priorities and manage a variety of complex activities simultaneously with excellent time management.
- Excellent writing, editing, research, and presentation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and function independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience with donor management database (Raiser’s Edge preferred) and Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with and commitment to working in a diverse workforce.
- Willingness to learn and be flexible.
- Experience and comfort level in working with churches and congregations is desirable.
- Experience in working with refugee or migrant populations is desirable.
Headquartered in Baltimore’s beautiful Inner Harbor, with offices in Washington, DC, Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service (LIRS) is a national faith-based organization with a 77-year history, a budget of $58 million per year, and approximately 90 headquarters staff. LIRS offers a generous benefit package and competitive compensation.
To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter by COB Friday, February 8, 2019. via http://lirs.iapplicants.com/ViewJob-773697.html. For more information about LIRS, please visit www.lirs.org.
Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Service provides equal employment opportunities to all, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.