Director of Planned Giving
The Director of Planned Giving will provide leadership, vision, and guidance to Lutheran Hour Ministries’ (LHM) Planned Giving team and offer effective planning to meet the planned gifts goals in the LHM Foundation Strategic Plan. A prime responsibility is to assist in the creative design of gift plans that are legal and ethical within the LHM mission and current gift acceptance policies as well as the processing of unique gifts of real estate, life insurance, investments, and trusts.
The Director will also represent LHM with leading benefactors to identify, cultivate, and successfully manage a portfolio of prospective benefactors with the capacity to make planned gifts.
Bachelor’s degree in business, non-profit management, or related field.
· Fifteen years’ experience in planned giving or experience in a related field such as financial or estate planning.
· Willingness to travel extensively.
· Well organized, with ability to administer programs and plans.
· Exemplary integrity, relationship-building skills, and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent analytical ability, oral and written communication skills, and a strong attention to detail.
· Successful experience in closing gifts as well as demonstrated working knowledge of estate and tax planning techniques.
· Member of a Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod congregation and faithful supporter of the Synod’s mission and theology.
· Master’s degree in business, non-profit management, or related field.
· CFP certification
Location: The position is based in St. Louis.
View more details and apply at www.lhm.org/careersThe above listing is a full-time position with benefits through Concordia Plan Services. (See www.concordiaplans.org for benefit details: The Church’s Plan.)