The Northern Illinois District is seeking an individual who will enthusiastically share the vision and ministries that support more than 200 congregations in northern Illinois and around the world. The Northern Illinois District office is located at 2301 S. Wolf Road, Hillside, IL 60162. This opportunity is designed for someone who would enjoy significant interactions in a less than full-time position. Reporting to the Assistant to the President- Mission & Ministry, the position includes direct relationship building with individual investors, leading all development activities and donor stewardship.
NID Leadership Qualities
· Spiritual-attentive to God, His Word, our Lutheran confession, our Christology and the needs of His people and those not yet in the Church.
· Faithful-committed to the task the Lord has given and those entrusted to our care and leadership.
· Engaging-we ask questions, listen, and do our work in partnerships with broad involvement.
· Equitable-fair and honest as we serve and encourage our rich diversity and broad constituency in the NID.
· Develop a robust annual “giving club” for congregations, individuals and companies
· Majority of time to be spent with individuals and congregational leaders sharing District opportunities and seeking support
· Developing an “Investor’s Cabinet” of passionate supporters of the District’s vision
· Develop a strategic plan for campaign development including establishing annual calendar for fundraising events, stewardship campaigns, and solicitations and post analyses
· Develop a long term strategy to secure continued growth and expansion of donor giving, including a “moves management process”
· Research existing and potential investors including grant opportunities
· Ensure the effectiveness and integrity of the donor profiles and related giving histories maintained in the donor data base. Close working relationship with other staff members who update the donor base system.
· Scheduling monthly calls, visits and interactions for the District President, Assistant to the President, Board members and staff
Other duties, as assigned
· Minimum of three years of direct fundraising experience
· Demonstrated history of personally securing four and five figure gifts
· Engaging presence and personality
· Tenacious in approach yet approachable and enjoyable in person
· Goal driven (first year goal of $50,000 new gifts)
· Easily builds relationships through trust and confidence; ability to influence various constituents from various levels such as pastors, church workers, investors, etc.
· Familiar with the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod and sensitive to Church’s teaching on generosity.
· Able to show development programs they designed, implemented and completed
· Minimum Educational level: Bachelor degree – marketing/development preferred.
· Familiarity with relational donor management software system such as donor perfect helpful.
An ideal candidate may be someone who has experienced a successful career in development and now seeks a less than full-time position. This opportunity is designed as approximately 20 to 25 hours per week. It allows for flexibility during the week when working evening and weekend events.
Qualified individuals should send a cover letter and resume to LeeAnn Acosta at email@example.com
This organization does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability, except with respect to positions that fall within the ministerial exception. Because, we are church body, The Northern Illinois District of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod retains the right to give preference in hiring to persons who are members in good standing of a LCMS congregation.
Filled with living hope in Christ, Confessing, Praising, and Advancing His Kingdom through Word, Wellness, and Witness. Our website can be found at nidlcms.org.