The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod
St. Louis, MO
Essential Job Functions
As an integral part of the Mission Advancement team the Mission Advocate:
- Plans and carries out an intentional strategy of donor engagement and solicitation, in an assigned region and/or with an assigned portfolio of prospective and active major donors, for the purpose of establishing and managing mutually beneficial relationships that lead to joyful major and principal gifts.
- Works with other Major Gifts, Grants, Congregation and District Relations staff to stage additional prospects for incorporation into his or her assigned portfolio.
- Personally visits donors and prospects to discover, cultivate, solicit and steward mutually beneficial major gifts using approved ministry case resources and to capture and record donor views and opinions of the Synod’s efforts which impact giving decisions.
- Accurately records all plans, interactions, actions and the results of major gift activities in the database system for future analysis, forecasting and planning.
- Works with Prospect Researches to capture, validate and integrate accurate information on prospects and donor portfolio management.
- Works with and utilizes LCMS programmatic staff and leaders to help donors and prospects gain clarity about Synod’s prioritized and budgeted fundraising goals, special initiatives and special campaigns.
- Makes presentations in response to inquiries from groups or organizations who are considering funding national and international work.
- Participates in the creation, evaluation, and necessary revisions of case statements and major gift proposal formats based on donor feedback and performance data.
- Adheres to Synod policies and procedures for the performance of these duties and the expenditure of budgeted resources in carrying out these duties. Promptly submits accurate expense reports and documentation for charges incurred in the performance of these duties.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.