Capital Campaign Director
Global Lutheran Outreach is an independent Lutheran mission organization. Our role in God’s mission is to facilitate the service of cross-cultural Lutheran missionaries “from everywhere to everywhere”.
The Endowment Fund Campaign Director shall work with “Let’s Build Hope” (hereby referred to as the Consultant) to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gift donors and prospects. The ‘big vision’ is to create a $10 million dollar endowment fund over 10 years.
- Participate in all training sessions with the Consultant.
- Under the direction of the Consultant, create targeted goals for expense, income, and cost per dollar raised (CDR).
- Create major gift moves management steps, including cultivation and stewardship strategies.
- Assist with Board fundraising training in regard to major gifts plan.
- Provide monthly reporting regarding established fundraising goals, including actuals vs. goals.
- Establish an endowment campaign office and prepare/oversee the Campaign Budget.
- Prepare and implement a detailed Campaign Plan and schedule with the GLO Director and Consultant.
- Oversee the preparation of campaign promotional materials, including the Case for Support Summary and other printed/audiovisual items.
- Oversee and monitor the progress of campaign volunteers.
- Oversee campaign events, especially kickoff(s), receptions, and celebrations.
- Oversee a public relations program to coincide with the endowment campaign.
- An active, committed Christian with a deep personal commitment to the Holy Scriptures as the inspired Word of God. Confirmed membership in a Lutheran congregation is preferred, though not required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that facilitate initiating and maintaining relationships with people are a “must”. Such skills are demonstrated by: a genuine interest in, and curiosity about people; the ability to initiate and sustain interesting and relevant conversations, ask questions, and find common ground with people who may be reluctant to talk; good manners, and the like.
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to work independently as well as on a team with the Board and volunteers.
- Comfortable with computers, including the Microsoft Office suite of programs and email. Capacity to work in an online environment with ease, including the ability to learn new software.
- Genuine interest in the work of Global Lutheran Outreach, coupled with a commitment to learning about the dynamics, motivations, and challenges of Global Lutheran Outreach.
- Ability to function effectively under the supervision of our designated Consultant and Board liaison.
- Good physical, emotional, and spiritual health that facilitate completion of regular tasks and also occasional travel.
- Relocation is not required. Access to a major airport is strongly recommended, as the position will require regular travel.
- Experience in living in another country (outside of the USA), though not required, will be beneficial.
- A minimum of 3+ years of direct fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated success closing major gift funding, including face-to-face solicitation of gifts of $10,000 or more.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
The campaign director will work from home. Relocation is not required.
This is a part-time, hourly position. The hourly wage will be competitive with similar positions in the geographic region of the successful candidate and will be commensurate with experience.