- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 10+ years of experience in direct personal major and planned gift solicitation of individuals and/or corporations or foundations with a record of accomplishment of securing gifts at the $1,000,000+ level.
- The ideal candidate has had experience in leadership roles including Vice President of Advancement or comparable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint software required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in written and verbal communication required.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a diverse work environment.
- Creative and entrepreneurial outlook with a strong intellectual curiosity.
- Superior interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, including specific experience writing and editing funding proposals.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Lutheran traditions or experience working with faith-based giving preferred.