President and CEO of the Foundation
KEES has been exclusively retained by Concordia University Chicago (CUC) in its search for a new President and CEO of the Foundation.
As the chief fundraiser and philanthropic strategist, the President and CEO of the Foundation is charged with developing, stewarding and championing the University’s fundraising and development programs. The President and CEO will propel development of annual fund, alumni relations, major giving and planned giving to ensure lasting relationships in support of the University, endowment growth, marketing and communication of philanthropic projects, and future capital campaign efforts. Serving on the University President’s Cabinet, the President and CEO of the Foundation is responsible for energizing the University’s philanthropic efforts by leading the University President, Board of Regents, Foundation Board of Directors and other senior staff in the expansion of philanthropic giving at all levels. The Foundation is administered by the Board of Directors. This position reports to the new University President and Foundation Board of Directors.
Specific Requirements Include:
• Carry a significant portfolio of donors and prospects with primary responsibility for cultivation and stewardship, focusing on highest capacity and newly introduced relationships.
• Build and continually enhance an effective donor base and pipeline, including prospect identification, solicitation and stewardship processes. Ensure donors are assigned to the appropriate staff or board leader and monitor retention, upgrade and migration strategies.
• Lead, motivate, hold accountable, and provide strategic direction for and supervision of Foundation staff, actively promoting growth and development of staff and including opportunities to learn new skills and advance both personally and professionally.
• Strong analytic and strategic-thinking skills, with demonstrated ability to create, implement and monitor complex plans and translate those plans into goals and concrete strategies.
• A minimum of 8 years of progressive fundraising experience in leadership and management, with documented ability to manage staff and lead teams.
• Significant experience and success with personal solicitation of major and planned gifts, including a track record of nurturing and closing gifts of six-figures and above from donors who may have typically given at lower levels.
• Effective motivational leader with demonstrated success in building strong and productive work teams with a focus on mentoring and nurturing staff development.
• Proven ability to build strong external relationships with a variety of volunteers, donors, board members and other stakeholders.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree and/or CFRE certification preferred.
• The hired candidate will fully embrace the mission, vision and values of CUC and an understanding of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod and its culture.
This position offers a competitive salary with strong benefits. Relocation assistance is offered. All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.
Concordia University does not discriminate in the employment of individuals based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age. However, Concordia is an institution of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod and, to the extent allowed by law, reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religion.
TO APPLY, PLEASE CLICK HERE:
To assure confidential tracking of all applicants, no applications will be accepted via email. ALL INQUIRIES WILL BE HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.
This search is being managed by Heather Eddy, President and CEO, Sue Bultman, Senior Consultant, and Megan DeVoe, Project Manager of KEES. Questions may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
KEES is a retained executive search and consulting firm that builds transformative teams and leaders in the nonprofit sector. KEES was founded in 2013 as an expansion of Alford Executive Search. For more information, please visit www.kees2success.com.
For more than 150 years, Concordia University Chicago has helped shape the intellects and values of thousands of bright young adults. Founded in 1864, CUC is a private, four-year, coeducational, liberal arts-based university affiliated with The Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod (LCMS) located in River Forest, IL. Strongly committed to the Lutheran concept of vocation, CUC provides a Christ-centered spiritual and value-oriented environment for men and women who will be Christians in the church and in secular occupations. Form more information, please visit www.cuchicago.edu.