Position Summary: The Advancement Officer is a member of the Advancement staff in the office of Institutional Advancement charged with cultivating, soliciting and stewarding a portfolio of major gift prospects and donors to support Concordia. This position holds a key role in securing significant gifts that directly impacts the University’s ability to achieve its goals and carry out its mission. The individual will work directly with prospects, friends and leaders of the University to identify, qualify, solicit and steward major gifts (current and deferred).
- Manage a portfolio of assigned major gifts prospects and donors.
- Develop and execute strategies for individual donors.
- Continually assess the relationship between portfolio donors and the University.
- Develop new markets for major gifts (current and deferred).
- With the Director of Advancement, set annual personal performance goals and work to achieve those goals.
- Personally visit and cultivate assigned prospects, solicit pledges, Concordia Fund gifts, major gifts and deferred/planned gifts.
- Provide necessary documentation, stewardship and follow-up to donors and prospects, internal contacts and files.
- Seek to expand the donor pool via qualifying and engaging new prospects.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three or more years of relevant experience within the areas of cultivation, solicitation and closing sales or fundraising.
- Job experience relevant to consultative sales involving face-to-face solicitations.
- Knowledge of deferred gifts instruments and estate planning preferred.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising or sales with at least one year focused on major gifts or large accounts.
- Effectiveness and comfort in dealing with high-level donor prospects including the skills to articulate campus priorities and connect these priorities to the interest of the prospect.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively.