Manager of Annual Giving
Concordia University Chicago invites applicants for the full-time, exempt position of Manager of Annual Giving. This position is responsible for directing and executing all aspects of annual giving revenue through the Pillars Fund (i.e., gifts up to $30,000) to strengthen the mission and ministry of the University. This position is located in River Forest, IL and reports to the Senior Director of Alumni Relations & Annual Giving.
- Designs and executes integrated multi-channel strategy that engages donors and strengthens major gift pipeline
- Develops strong annual giving solicitation, engagement, and stewardship programs across all traditional and digital strategies to encourage mid-level gifts (e.g., $5,000 or more) and move donors to higher levels of contribution
- Enhances Foundation's use of analytics to improve segmentation and messaging to create a personal and positive experience for donors
- Cultivates a portfolio of 75+ households to solicit and steward annual, major and planned gifts yielding $50,000+ annually
- Works with campus partners (e.g., Athletics, Alumni Association, academic units) to ensure personal and consistent messaging and positive donor experiences
- Collaborates with Foundation colleagues (e.g., External Relations, Gift Officers, Stewardship Manager, etc.) to ensure the University's brand and strategy is used consistently and effectively
- Enthusiastic supporter of Lutheran higher education and Concordia University Chicago
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills; demonstrated personal solicitation experience
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of database research and maintenance
- Comfortable working with people of diverse generations, backgrounds and experiences
- Must be able to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed
Minimum Experience Required:
- Three to five years of progressive experience in alumni relations and/or fundraising
- Demonstrated success with principles and practices of annual giving
- Experience in educational advancement preferred
Education Requirements: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting range is dependent upon individual qualifications and experience. Concordia health, disability and retirement plan enrollment is available to full-time employees and their eligible dependents. Tuition benefits may also be available for employees and their qualified dependents.
Interested individuals should apply through our website atwww.cuchicago.edu/employment. Please include a cover letter, resume and references.
Concordia does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex or age. As an institution of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod, however, and to the extent allowed by law, Concordia University reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religious affiliation.
Concordia University Chicago does not generally sponsor for employment visas except for positions that oversee, teach or support our international programs.
About Concordia University Chicago:
Concordia University Chicago is a liberal arts-based Christian university founded in the Lutheran tradition. Through its College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, College of Education, College of Graduate Studies, and College of Innovative and Professional Programs, Concordia-Chicago offers more than 160 areas of study in small classes taught by professors who are passionate about teaching and student success. All undergraduate and graduate degrees are fully accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Concordia University Chicago has been recognized as a College of Distinction since 2010, and in 2013 was named to the U.S. President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for the fifth time. For the sixth consecutive year, combined undergraduate and graduate enrollment has exceeded more than 5,000 students. Concordia University Chicago is located in River Forest, 10 miles west of downtown Chicago. Learn more at CUChicago.edu.
As a distinctive, comprehensive university of The Lutheran ChurchMissouri Synod, centered in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and based in the liberal arts, Concordia University Chicago equips men and women to serve and lead with integrity, creativity, competence and compassion in a diverse, interconnected and increasingly urbanized church and world.