Objectives of the position: The Executive Director is the key management leader of Lutherans in Medical Missions (LIMM), which includes the implementation of the policies and procedures approved by the Board of Directors. The primary areas of responsibility are administrative, development, and community/public relations. This is a permanent part-time position.
Reports to: The Board of Directors
Supervises: All paid staff and volunteers
1. Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and seeks Him daily in devotion and prayer.
2. Be a member in good standing of a LCMS congregation
3. Exhibit strong commitment and passion for missions and health services.
4. Agree with and be willing to uphold the mission of LIMM.
5. Have a bachelor's degree in administration or a health-related field
6. Exhibit strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, and program development.
7. Possess the skills and transparency to collaborate with and motivate board members and staff.
8. Have experience in an administrative position with direct experience in supervising staff
9. Have knowledge of marketing, fund-raising, and public relations/donor development
10. Exhibit strong skills in interpersonal communication, public speaking, writing, and possess the ability to convey a vision of LIMM”s future to the Board, staff and donors.
11. Be able to provide spiritual leadership, discipleship, encouragement, and direction for the staff and Board
12. Be able to develop and implement strategic plans and goals for the organization
13. Be able to carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision
Provide managerial support, direction, supervision, and training to the staff.
Responsible for strategic plan to ensure LIMM’s ability to fulfil its mission.
Lead LIMM in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
Responsible for signing all agreements and other documents made and entered into on behalf of the organization.
Conduct written and oral evaluations of staff on a yearly basis
Coordinate with Treasurer, Directors, and other staff an annual budget that is presented to the Board of Directors for approval.
Oversee and ensure that accurate and current financial records are kept and reported to the board monthly.
Communicate effectively with the Board of Directors by providing in a timely manner all the info necessary for
the Board to function properly and make informed decisions.
Oversee expenditures and oversee purchase requests.
Oversee the compilation of statistical reports, accurate record keeping, and monthly reporting to the Board
Coordinate a yearly calendar for the ministry and implementation of special events.
Attend all board meetings and present a monthly report .
Plan, conduct, and work with Board to execute major fundraising opportunities, and direct mail pieces and newsletters each year.
Develop resources sufficiently to ensure the financial health of the organization by presenting a budget and financial statements with the help of the Treasurer.
Develop and execute a program to appeal to church mission boards for financial support.
Work with the Board in grant writing endeavors.
Communicate with donors on a regular basis.
Increase awareness of LIMM in the community.
Obtain feedback and continually assess goals for establishment of effective ministry and programs.
Produce long and short-term objectives to accomplish the ministry goals.
Develop a yearly development plan.
III. Public Relations
Educate the local community, including churches, pastors, community groups, as well as
the professional community about LIMM with the goal of obtaining support and involvement with the ministry.
Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with pastors and churches.
Serve as LIMM’s primary spokesperson to its constituents, media and general public.
Develop and maintain relationships with other ministries/organizations to represent the ministry to the
community and media.
Develop, oversee, and revise promotional materials used in presenting LIMM to clients, community, and
Work closely with the Board of Directors to promote public awareness of the ministry through advertisement and church presentations.
Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. Requirements are representative of the minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities to perform this job.